This policy is intended to explain how 601 Sports collects, stores, and uses certain personal information gathered when you interact with our physical and online stores, as well as our customer service channels. This policy is also intended to explain your options and control in the use of this information. Our use of your personal information is dedicated to enhancing and personalizing your shopping experience. We are dedicated to keeping your sensitive information safe as you pursue your passion with 601 Sports, our partners, and the products and services we offer.
2. Why does 601 Sports collect my information?
TAll content on 601sports.com including page headers, logos, images, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips and text are subject to trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights by 601 Sports. You may not download, copy, reproduce, modify, publish, or distribute any of the shown content without written permission from 601 Sports. This Site is intended for personal, non-commercial use. You may download, print, and store selected portions of this site provided you: only use the copies of the content for your personal non-commercial use, do not broadcast any portion of 601sports.com in any media, and you do not modify or alter the content in any way or delete or change any copyright or trademark notices.
3. How does 601 Sports use my information?
To meet your shopping expectations, we use collected data to enhance your personalized shopping experience in order to improve our selection of products and services in-store and online.
In order to create an effective and efficient shopping experience for you, we use your information to:
- Fulfill orders, verify shipping and billing addresses, and process payments internally and through our financial partners, such as banks, PayPal and similar electronic payment applications, and credit/debit card companies such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
- Provide products and services in-store and online targeted towards the tastes and demographics, as we have learned from our customers’ provided information and past habits.
- Provide 601 Sports customer service experts with information directly and indirectly from the customer about order fulfillment and delivery, special orders, customer feedback, and any other information provided by customers regarding the products and services we provide.
- Store information which was provided by the customer in establishing a customer account, either online or in-store.
- Continuously streamline and enhance our online stores, with improved content and design. Our internal use of your information allows us to better understand how you shop with us, search our online stores, purchase products, and what devices and platforms you use to interact with 601 Sports.
- Send physical and electronic catalogs and offers to you.
- 601 SPORTS WILL NOT SELL OR RENT YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD-PARTIES FOR ANY PURPOSE. CERTAIN THIRD-PARTIES MAY HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION FOR THE LIMITED PURPOSES SPECIFIED IN SECTION 6.
4. What information does 601 Sports collect?
To better serve our customers and improve and streamline your shopping experience, 601 Sports may gather and store certain information.
601 Sports may gather and store the following information:
- Contact information such as your name, gender, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and usernames or online aliases used to access 601 Sports’ online stores.
- Purchase information such as purchase histories, online shopping cart histories, credit/debit card payment histories, and billing and shipping addresses.
- User account profile information such as account passwords, usernames, birthday, product reviews, product interests, purchase habits, and additional information supplied by you in connection with your accounts and profiles.
- Device and browsing information such as the type of device used to access 601 Sports online stores, IP addresses, cookie identifies, browser information, internet provider, product search histories, and dates and times of interaction with 601 Sports online stores.
- Location information provided by an electronic device interacting with 601 Sports’ online stores.
- Communications with 601 Sports customer service experts, such as phone, e-mail, and online chat conversations.
- Device and location information provided by a device connected to 601 Sports’ in-store Wi-Fi services. Additional third parties, including legal requirements as required or allowed by applicable law to prevent theft, crime and fraud to protect 601 Sports you, our customers or additional third parties.
- Videos and photographs obtained by surveillance systems inside and outside of our stores.
5. How does 601 Sports collect my information?
In addition to the means previously described in this policy, 601 Sports may collect information at the point of purchase, and through any means in which the customer voluntarily provides information to 601 Sports.
With varying frequency, 601 Sports may additionally employ the following technological means used to analyze and process customer data:
- Cookies. Cookies are strings of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, which the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
- Analyze trends in accordance to site performance to determine which features on our site are effective and which features can be improved;
- Administer the site to ensure features are functioning properly and efficiently for a better customer service experience;
- Track visits to our site and pages to determine customer interaction;
- Tailor your visits to our site based of settings and preferences to create a personalized shopping experience; and
- To help identify and prevent security risks to ensure a safe and secure site.
- Web Beacons and Pixel Tags. Web beacons and pixel tags are virtually transparent images and blocks of code which are typically used in combination with cookies, and which monitor the behavior of a visitor to 601 Sports online stores.
- Log Files. Log files are files maintained by our servers which contain a history of page requests.
- Flash Software. Software which may be installed by Adobe Systems, Inc., that is required to access certain online store functions which require the Flash platform to function.
6. Who has access to my information?
Certain entities may have limited access to your information for specific business purposes.
The following entities may have limited access to your information:
- 601 Sports corporate entities for the purposes of customer service, marketing, advertising, promotions, and enhancement and personalization of your shopping experience, as previously described in this policy.
- Third-Parties which directly assist 601 Sports by providing business services and verifying customer information, such as:
- Credit/debit card partners.
- Mail/package carriers.
- Partners offering technical and support services for our online stores and operations, including those which may process orders and billing through our physical and online stores.
- Analytics and marketing partners which may provide targeted advertisements to you based on your searching history and information, and which help us to better focus our websites to meet the ways in which our customers use and interact with our online portals.
- Third-Parties as required by law, and which may be engaged to prevent theft, fraud, and other crimes against 601 Sports and our customers.
7. How does 601 Sports keep my information secure?
We are committed to providing superior security and confidentiality measures to keep your personal information safe. Our online stores and websites employ physical, administrative, and technical protections to safeguard your information. Security and fraud measures taken by 601 Sports to protect your information include:
To protect your information, 601 Sports uses the following security and fraud measures:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology, which encrypts your data to maintain its confidentiality in transit across the internet. SSL is represented in your browser by the “https://" prefix in the URL, as well as visually through the use of a closed lock or solid lock icon next to the URL.
- Case-sensitive passwords to access user accounts and profiles, in our online stores. Minimum lengths and character minimums are employed to strengthen passwords, but you are encouraged to use unique passwords and change them often, to strengthen this protection.
- Your personal information is maintained on servers which are in physically secure locations, and which are accessible only by personnel necessary to ensure the proper function of those servers.
- Your personal information will be retained by 601 Sports indefinitely and will be periodically purged as then-effective retention policies may dictate. You may request that your information be deleted at any time, as addressed in Section 8.
8. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS - What options do I have regarding 601 Sports' collection and storage of my personal information?
We are committed to providing transparency to our customers regarding the collection of their personal information, and our continued storage of that information. The bulk of the information we collect is provided voluntarily by the customer, through such methods as online purchases and creation of user profiles. You are encouraged to make deliberate choices about the personal information you share and review your browser and mobile device settings to make sure they fit your privacy desires.
If you have questions about what personal information we have collected, or wish to make specific requests regarding our use of that information, we encourage you to take advantage of the following options:
- Cookie settings, for most browsers, are set to enable cookies by default. If you would like to disable cookies change the settings of your web browser to remove or reject cookies automatically.
- If you are receiving promotional materials from us via e-mail, you may unsubscribe from our e-mail list at any time. Please click the "UNSUBSCRIBE" link at the bottom of an e-mail or contact our customer service experts at the address below.
- If you are receiving promotional materials from us via standard mail, you may unsubscribe from such mailings at any time by contacting our customer service experts at the address below.
- Manage your user profile settings to control what information may be made public, such as “wish list" items.
- If you have any questions about what personal information we have collected and/or shared, who your information has been shared with, the nature of any third-party recipient’s business, or have any concerns about how your information is being used, please contact our customer service experts:
- By phone: 601-638-4216
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail:
3500 Pemberton Square Blvd
Vicksburg, MS 39180
*Be sure to include your name, mailing address, phone number, and/or e-mail address
601 Sports will provide this information once per calendar year, per individual.
9. What are my California Privacy Rights?
California law provides once a year you have the right to submit a request to 601 Sports designated address and receive the following:
- The categories of information 601 Sports disclosed to third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information
- If the nature of a third party’s business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party’s name, examples of the products or services marketed. You are entitled to receive a copy of information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. For further details, 601 Sports designated email address for such a request is email@example.com
10. What are the California 65 and 67 Propositions?
The following propositions are to be followed accordingly by the state of California:
- Proposition 65:
Proposition 65, officially known as The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, addresses the concerns about the exposure of toxic chemicals. This requires that all businesses place a warning label on all products containing toxic chemicals found by the California Air Resources Board considered to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity. Wordage may vary depending on products and certain chemicals, through a general Proposition 65 notice is as follows:
WARNING: You have purchased an item that contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For further detail on Proposition 65, click here for warnings and click here for regulations.
- Proposition 67:
Proposition 67, officially known as the Single-Use Carryout Bag Ban (SB 270), was approved by voters in the state of California on November 8th, 2016 to help reduce waste and pollution. This ban prohibits the use of single-use plastic bags by most grocery stores, retail stores with a pharmacy, convenience stores, food marts, and liquor stores. These stores should instead provide an option for customers to purchase reusable bags or recycled bags at the point of purchase for at least 10 cents.
For more information on Proposition 67, click here
11. What is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework requiring a business to protect the privacy of an individual, a company or an organization of personal data relating to European Union (EU) citizens. Under this law, personal data that should remain protected includes the following:
- Information that can identify any individual, including any information that has been de-identified, encrypted or pseudonymized.
- Rendered anonymous, irreversible data that can no longer identify an individual is not considered personal data.
- Automated and manually processed information in pre-defined criteria, including all data stored systems.
- Wholly or partly processed personal data that’s automated as well as non-automated processing, if it’s part of a structured filing system.
- Information containing a name or surname, home address, email address, identification card number, location data, Internet Protocol (IP) address, cookie ID, and advertising identifier of your phone.
Click here to learn more about GDPR
- Our online stores and websites are intended for a general audience and not directed to children. We abide by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and do not knowingly accept information from children under the age of 13, unless there has been verified parental consent. If you, the parent, believe your child may have provided unverified information without your consent at one of our physical or online stores, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 601-638-4216.
- In the course of improving our services and products for you, we will change this policy to meet those ends. We will notify you when we update this policy by posting the updated policy on our websites and online stores, and by sending you an e-mail with an updated policy notice. We encourage you to review the policy to stay informed about how we continue to strive to create a personalized and safe shopping experience at 601 Sports.
- This policy is effective , 2019.